Based in Tempe, Arizona, Comtech EF Data develops and manufactures market-leading satellite communications products. The company’s products are utilized by commercial and government customers in over 160 countries to support their satellite-based communications infrastructure. Comtech EF Data is recognized as a technology innovator and has a reputation for product quality and reliability. The advanced technologies offered by the company’s products enable satellite bandwidth efficiencies and link optimization for their global customer base.
Comtech EF Data’s IT Department is located in their Tempe, AZ, headquarters. The IT team provides desktop, application and network support throughout their campus of buildings, and to staff and facilities in California, Maryland, Montreal, Beijing, Singapore, United Kingdom, India and multiple sales offices.
- Handle electronic discovery requests in a matter of seconds
- Audit trail for every message: when it was received, archived, accessed, printed, etc.
- Ability to export email archives to PST format – most frequently used by legal software
Solving the Problems of Email Management
Electronic records: (as of May 2009)
- 1000 users
- Global locations: Arizona, California, Maryland, Montreal, Beijing, Singapore, United Kingdom, India and multiple sales offices
- Data on live email system (GroupWise): 900GB
- Data in the archive repository (Netmail Archive): 2 TB
Email retention mandate:
- Total number of records in their archives being indexed: 38,944,420
- Sample search conducted with Netmail Archive: 82,125 results produced in 32-52 sec
- 5 years
- 100% email and attachments are archived
- Document types: PDF, Microsoft® Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Cadence® OrCAD schematics, html
- Significant time savings for IT department to support discovery requests
- Searches can be exported to different media allowing the IT department to provide requested data in a controlled fashion, ensuring security for the archive